Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Popular songs of 20th Century based on Tschaikovsky's music

Popular songs of 20th Century based on Tschaikovsky's music

I am curious to know if there exists a list of some or all of the popular songs in the USA in the 20th century based on the music of Peter Tschaikovsky.

If there is such a list, I am curious about it and would like to find it. Meanwhile, I am trying to compose a list for my own edification. I watched a marvelous film made about Tschaikovski on Netflix tonight which has piqued my interest. I am 85 years old, and recall many of his melodies as popular songs of my youth in Pennsylvania. I am a retired teacher currently living in California.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lea Frey
29/12/2011 07:56

Tchaikovsky Forum: Pop Songs based on Tchaikovsky's music

Hi Lea,

We went through this not too long ago...and I tried to compile as many songs based on Tchaikovsky as I could find....so I think you will find the above site useful...the Wikipedia list I mention is quite extensive in pop songs generated from the classical repertory...though not many on Tchaikovsky...

Happy New Year,

Albert Gasparo
31/12/2011 19:02

Don’t forget ‘Everybody’s Making Money But Tchaikovsky’ by Les Brown and His Orchestra (the vocal is sung by Betty Bonney) from 1941.

It is loosely based on Tchaikovsky’s Marche Slave, Op.31.

Fred Edwards
02/01/2012 08:00

Les Brown and His Orchestra with Betty Bonney - Everybody's Making Money But Tchaikovsky MP3 Download @ KOHit.net

Hi Fred,

Cute song and a hint here and there of some of the composer's works..but a bit of a stretch to see the Marche Slav anywhere in sight...however to each his own...

Albert Gasparo
02/01/2012 19:25

Remember -- S.H.E - YouTube

Here is another pop song based on the famous melody from Swan Lake...at least in part....came out in 2002...

Albert Gasparo
02/01/2012 20:11

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external web-sites

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013