Tchaikovsky
www.tchaikovsky-research.net

Home > Forum > Tchaikovsky and the Russian Court

Tchaikovsky and the Russian Court

I just wanted to bring to your attention a lecture-recital on Tchaikovsky's relationship with the Russian Court to be held at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London, on Friday 6 February 2009. Although I'm aware that you don't usually feature concerts on your website, I wondered if this event might be of particular interest because of its academic and musical combination and the unusual location. The details are as follows:

Tchaikovsky and the Russian Court
Friday 6 February 2009, 19.00–21.00
Lecture Theatre, Victoria & Albert Museum

Alone amongst Russian composers of the nineteenth century, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky was an ardent monarchist and patriot, and received the favour of the royal household of Alexander III. Author and historian Rosamund Bartlett will explore Tchaikovsky's relationship with the Imperial Court, framed by exclusive performances of Tchaikovsky's music by the international chamber orchestra Manning Camerata. Presented by a partnership of V&A Membership and the Art Fund.

Tickets £20 (including wine reception with the speaker)
Available by calling 020 7942 2277/78

I would be very grateful if you could forward this information on to anyone who might be interested.

With thanks and very best wishes,

Joseph Watson
Membership Events Manager
Victoria and Albert Museum
London, UK

This discussion is closed and has been archived, but you are welcome to try our new forum at:

http://forum.tchaikovsky-research.net

This page was last updated on 05 November 2013